Thursday, August 28, 2008

Camping Trip


We gave Ava some stickers in the car while driving to the beach and the next time I turned around, this is what I saw. I thought I would die laughing!



Taking a walk.


Surfer girl.



Playing at the lake with daddy.




Bottoms Up!!!





Ava loves to ride on the 4-wheeler, but she would not wear her helmet. She was quite upset that she couldn't go for a ride.


We went to the coast last weekend for our one and only camping trip of the summer. I actually slept in a tent, rode my bicycle and canoed around a lake, all while being almost 8 months pregnant. Chad and Ava spent lots of time together riding bikes, hiking the sand dunes and going to the playground. We went with my parents and my dad was unlucky enough to get into a bike accident on Saturday. He went to the doctor on Monday and was quickly admitted to the hospital with a broken rib and partially collapsed lung. He was released Wednesday and is feeling much better.


Only 8 weeks left until baby arrives! Yippee!!!!

3 comments:

guthriegang said...

you are a trooper! i don't think i would even come close to camping at 8 months, or for that matter, not pregnant at all!! looks like you had a good time. glad your dad is ok...we had a scare with my dad too! is it in the air?!!

Anonymous said...

Tell your Dad, lungs are meant to not puncture...poor guy! I predict your little bundle of joy is going to keep taking you for rides when she makes her grand entrance!

lish and toby said...

We have quads too and yet have never been to the dunes. Next summer when the October babies are a little older, we should all go together!